fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Ranen 6yrs 4mths Prep Level C

More
21 Aug 2014 14:58 #15758 by hellene
After watching your video I see that Ranen is still building eye-hand coordination and polishing the performance is very premature.

When you practice, watch the numbers on our monitor:

1. When you have many mistakes on the left, this is the very early stage of skills development. First, work on the bringing amount of mistakes to the minimum.

2. After reaching stable number on the left, start working on the right figure. Try to bring the time down. If amount of missed seconds equal or greater then amount of notes played, the piano piece is still in beginning stage of mastery.

3. When you will see the time dropping down dramatically, you may hide notes of the right, left and both hands.

4. When the piece is memorized and you make perfect or close to perfect score on H, there is a time to move on to learn with teaching videos.

It has to be gradual and very smooth process!

In fact, the piano piece that you picked is very challenging for coordination and your son is dong excellent job on fingering part! :woohoo: considering the stage of his development.

I would even cut the sections of the piece and let him 'chew this elephant in smaller pieces' ;)

Please, follow this link to learn more about practicing at home: www.softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hine...rite-a-new-book.html

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cheahbaby
  • Cheahbaby's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Aug 2014 18:00 #15759 by Cheahbaby
Replied by Cheahbaby on topic Ranen 6yrs 4mths Prep Level C

• Cheahbaby
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Aug 2014 18:01 #15760 by Cheahbaby
he practice this song since after the recital... he still struggle with it.. and i dont know how to help him....

More
21 Aug 2014 18:48 #15761 by hellene
I watched the second video. What visual presentation do you use for this piece? 1? 2? 3?
Please, give me more information n this. I would also like to see his score
Here is how to write it:
Oh, Sole Mio
P (1 or 2 or 3 etc) ________/_______
first number is amount of correct notes - second is time.

Here is what I noticed:
We need to start playing exercises! His development is very fast. He has great coordination. We have to make his fingers stronger now.
He doesn't like to use ring finger and pinkie for this exact reason. He uses what is most developed and strong.
Hanon #1, Do Major and Triads - these exercises will build these fingers' awareness and make them stronger.

Second. I would recommend to play this piece with separate hands first. It seems like he doesn't have clear understanding of which hand to use. Also there are some tied notes that shouldn't be pressed again en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tie_(music)

Please, don't give him this theory information, though ;) Just watch out for Mt. Oops. If he see him, it means that he shouldn't lift his finger and keep the key!

Are you following our Lesson plans? I described everything in it step by step: www.softmozart.com/forum/63-lesson-plans.html

Finally, in order to get the best results, just ask questions. If nobody answers as quick as you want, just email me and give me your link. I will come to rescue!

Back to the Mozart

• Cheahbaby
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Oct 2014 18:12 #16137 by Cheahbaby
hi I do not understand what are the requirement of the information u needed.. what do u mean by visual presentation 1,2 or 3?

I think both my boys are little discourage and they cant seems to be able to play till they can memorise the song so they are frustrated and have not been keen on play for a month, any idea how I can help them pick up again?

also my 2 yrs old toddler has been humming surprise symphony and can roughly sing the do re me... but I cant find the toddler infor , is it the 24 to 26 mths page? I missed the last web class, will there be anymore coming up I could attend and is there a record of the old web class u held?

thank you for the hand bangles they love it..the certs reach us safe and sound, just a little bend, maybe a harder board will be better for shipping.

thank you for your help

More
01 Oct 2014 23:24 - 01 Oct 2014 23:24 #16139 by hellene
hi I do not understand what are the requirement of the information u needed.. what do u mean by visual presentation 1,2 or 3?

Open any piano piece and press on your computer keyboards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6
Here is the animated picture of different music score representations:
imgflip.com/gif/9jyjs

Which one do you use?

I think both my boys are little discourage and they cant seems to be able to play till they can memorise the song so they are frustrated and have not been keen on play for a month, any idea how I can help them pick up again?

We are having a 'Butterfly Ball' this winter and children will receive as many butterflies as they learned piano pieces.
I also recommend you to read this article about the motivation:
www.softmozart.com/forum/20-hellene-hine...imit=6&start=24#8293

also my 2 yrs old toddler has been humming surprise symphony and can roughly sing the do re me... but I cant find the toddler infor , is it the 24 to 26 mths page? I missed the last web class, will there be anymore coming up I could attend and is there a record of the old web class u held?

Please, follow the lesson plan for toddlers here: www.softmozart.com/forum/63-lesson-plans...24-to-36-months.html

thank you for the hand bangles they love it..the certs reach us safe and sound, just a little bend, maybe a harder board will be better for shipping.

thank you for your help

You are welcome! Wish to see pictures of boys in them! This is going to be their best motivation - to be praised by our community. ;)

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 01 Oct 2014 23:24 by hellene.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds