fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Adult beginner + (hopefully) 2 and 4 year old

More
08 Jul 2012 06:19 #4799 by Madsen
I have been lurking around for a while now, and I thought it was time to introduce myself. We have had a nice electrical piano standing around idle for years now, and it is really time for it to be used. I consider myself a complete beginner although I did play for about a year about 7 years ago and I enjoyed it a lot. Then we moved to California and I got busy with other things including having two wonderful girls that are now 2 and 4 years old.

I really want my girls to have a better musical education than their parents, and that brought me here. My older daughter shows little interest in the piano but she loves to sing. She also loves computer games, so this program seems to be a great way for her to get started.

The little one likes to push all sorts of buttons including the ones on the piano ;) She also loves to sing.

My plan for now is to start learning myself and hope that the girls will want to follow my lead. We have already started singing the tones as we push them on the piano and introduced the musical alphabet flash cards, we all enjoyed that.

For now I am waiting for the Midi to USB connector to make sure that it works and to try the Gentle Piano Demo before making a purchase. I am quite sure that I will like it, but it is a decent amount of money so I am forcing myself to test it thoroughly before buying it.

At the end I'd like to ask for a clarification on the pricing of the system. Is it exactly the same cost for the full package independently on what route you take (successive 6 month subscriptions, 12 months subscriptions or paying $699 at once)?

Also, if I get a subscription can I start right away or do I need to wait for something to be shipped?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2012 16:15 - 09 Jul 2012 16:16 #4811 by hellene
Dear Madsen! Welcome to our forum!

Madsen wrote: I have been lurking around for a while now, and I thought it was time to introduce myself. We have had a nice electrical piano standing around idle for years now, and it is really time for it to be used.

It definitely will!

I consider myself a complete beginner although I did play for about a year about 7 years ago and I enjoyed it a lot. Then we moved to California and I got busy with other things including having two wonderful girls that are now 2 and 4 years old.

It seems like you won't start from 'scratch' with our program. I will help you to figure out the Level that will be most feasible for you!

I really want my girls to have a better musical education than their parents, and that brought me here. My older daughter shows little interest in the piano but she loves to sing. She also loves computer games, so this program seems to be a great way for her to get started.

The little one likes to push all sorts of buttons including the ones on the piano ;) She also loves to sing.

This is great! You are going to teach them and we'll help!

My plan for now is to start learning myself and hope that the girls will want to follow my lead. We have already started singing the tones as we push them on the piano and introduced the musical alphabet flash cards, we all enjoyed that.

Wonderful. Did you download our book 'You CAN be a musician'? It is free! It will give you more knowledge about the system. www.pianolearningsoftware.com/Book-You-C...wnloadable_p_36.html

For now I am waiting for the Midi to USB connector to make sure that it works and to try the Gentle Piano Demo before making a purchase. I am quite sure that I will like it, but it is a decent amount of money so I am forcing myself to test it thoroughly before buying it.

Let us know, if you need any help with technical support

At the end I'd like to ask for a clarification on the pricing of the system. Is it exactly the same cost for the full package independently on what route you take (successive 6 month subscriptions, 12 months subscriptions or paying $699 at once)?

Let me explain: the program covers all the levels from elementary to advanced. The software works with all types of operation systems and will last for years. Therefore, it is pricy. But we broke the price to segments and let people pay for 6 or 12 months at a time. Finally they end up having the entire program perpetually.
We also gave our most dedicated customers - subscribers a chance to share their experience with us and get all sorts of discounts.
This is win-win situation: we have a chance to help you to use the software and curriculum most effectively and you have a chance to learn successfully and spread a word about our invention.

Madsen wrote: I have been lurking around for a while now, and I thought it was time to introduce myself. We have had a nice electrical piano standing around idle for years now, and it is really time for it to be used.

It definitely will!

I consider myself a complete beginner although I did play for about a year about 7 years ago and I enjoyed it a lot. Then we moved to California and I got busy with other things including having two wonderful girls that are now 2 and 4 years old.

It seems like you won't start from 'scratch' with our program. I will help you to figure out the Level that will be most feasible for you!

Wonderful. Did you download our book 'You CAN be a musician'? It is free! It will give you more knowledge about the system. www.pianolearningsoftware.com/Book-You-C...wnloadable_p_36.html

Let me explain: the program covers all the levels from elementary to advanced. The software works with all types of operation systems and will last for years. Therefore, it is pricy. But we broke the price to segments and let people pay for 6 or 12 months at a time. Finally they end up having the entire program perpetually.
We also gave our most dedicated customers - subscribers a chance to share their experience with us and get all sorts of discounts.
This is win-win situation: we have a chance to help you to use the software and curriculum most effectively and you have a chance to learn successfully and spread a word about our invention.

It definitely will!

Also, if I get a subscription can I start right away or do I need to wait for something to be shipped?

We will ship the installment CD and other materials to you. We usually ship using priority mail. It won't take long.

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 09 Jul 2012 16:16 by hellene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Madsen

More
10 Jul 2012 05:09 #4816 by Madsen
Thank you Hellene!

I have read your book, and I am impressed with how every detail is thought through. I already had my first revelation when I saw the rotated sheet music. I am able to slowly decipher sheet music providing that I know how the final result is supposed to sound, but it has always been a mystery to me what the clefs actually meant. I never understood why the treble and bass had to be different, why not place the "C" on the same line on both of them instead of doubling up on the amount of memorization that one had to do? Now it makes so much sense.

Children can often learn things earlier than we think if only it is presented to them in the right way and right order. Most people I know think of riding a bicycle without training wheels is a skill that most children develop when they are 5-6 years old (or even older?). In my experience they typically learn it when they are 3 if they are allowed to learn balance on a balance bike when they are 2-3 and their bike is sized appropriately. Once they have learned the difficult skill of balance adding the peddling is relatively simple. Not sure if this has any direct analogy to learning music, but the comments you quoted in your book about not starting too early reminded me of it.

I ordered a 6 month subscription, can't wait to get started...

More
11 Jul 2012 15:06 #4847 by hellene

Madsen wrote: Thank you Hellene!
I have read your book, and I am impressed with how every detail is thought through. I already had my first revelation when I saw the rotated sheet music. I am able to slowly decipher sheet music providing that I know how the final result is supposed to sound, but it has always been a mystery to me what the clefs actually meant. I never understood why the treble and bass had to be different, why not place the "C" on the same line on both of them instead of doubling up on the amount of memorization that one had to do? Now it makes so much sense.

Yes, for some reason, nobody saw the Grand Staff as perfectly symmetrical system before us. Now, when I place the picture of it in front of music educators, many of them are still in denial and prefer to continue teaching Every Good Boy Does Fine.

Children can often learn things earlier than we think if only it is presented to them in the right way and right order. Most people I know think of riding a bicycle without training wheels is a skill that most children develop when they are 5-6 years old (or even older?). In my experience they typically learn it when they are 3 if they are allowed to learn balance on a balance bike when they are 2-3 and their bike is sized appropriately. Once they have learned the difficult skill of balance adding the peddling is relatively simple. Not sure if this has any direct analogy to learning music, but the comments you quoted in your book about not starting too early reminded me of it.

Yes! Complex skill has to be learned as a whole. I wrote an article about it and your thoughts are so in tune with it! softmozart.com/our-library/articles/47-t...usical-notation.html

I ordered a 6 month subscription, can't wait to get started...

Thank you!

Back to the Mozart

More
17 Jul 2012 04:53 #4911 by Madsen
OK, software arrived today. I think you are right, I need some help to figure out where to start. Please let me know what is the best way to determine it.

For now I will list the scores from to day:

Fruit Lines, 5 min, 386 points
Guess key game, 5 min (seemed like A LOT more), 753 points
Note duration game, 5 min, 646 points

Gentle Piano:

French song
R1 24/28 -- 11
R4 26/28 -- 7
R5 28/28 -- 8

L3 10/10 -- 3

P5 36/38 -- 19
P5 37/38 -- 14
P5 38/38 -- 9

Ode to joy
P5 48/48 2 (OK, I practiced that one in the demo version...)

New Year tree
R5 30/33 -- 12
R5 31/33 -- 9
R5 32/33 -- 6
R5 33/33 -- 5

L5 21/24 -- 12
L5 24/24 -- 1

P5 46/57 -- 40
P5 54/57 -- 23

Separated (Got bored with intro songs)
R4 50/59 -- 54
R4 55/59 -- 36

My older daughter played the musical alphabet, and I had a hard time figuring out the logic. On the office computer that I prefer to use for the keyboard games it looked strange. The game had a column of chests on the left side and for example a column of doors on the right. I could see that the door had to be in the beginning, but it was really hard for my little one. On the laptop which I use for the piano all was well, it had a column of doors to the left and a column of salt shakers on the right (3 spaces between). That made sense! Any idea what is wrong on the other computer?

More
17 Jul 2012 10:09 #4919 by Mrs.Post
Madsen,

You will find that there are many 2 year olds on here playing piano, who parents believe that early learning in all areas is not only possible but desirable. Glad to see you here and am excited to hear about your progress!

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds