fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2014-2015

Hannah 4yro Romania

More
16 Sep 2014 22:54 #15967 by adeline.hritcu
Hi, looking fwd to this year.
Yesterday we got the diplomas and bracelets. Wonderful!!!
Which curriculum should I follow with Hannah?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2014 06:25 #15970 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hannah 4yro Romania
I am so happy to know that the postage reached you!
Looking forward to working with Hannah and Heidy! They are awesome!

Back to the Mozart

More
20 Sep 2014 21:41 #16012 by hellene
I think, Hannah should be on Prep B, but I would like to hear your opinon, 'cause children develop very fast and I may miss something.

Back to the Mozart

More
23 Sep 2014 21:57 #16046 by adeline.hritcu
Replied by adeline.hritcu on topic Hannah 4yro Romania
Hi,

this is good for Hannah. She is smart, but very very lazy :))

We started on Prep Level B. Here are our times and scores for the first week.

I)
Finger ex. warmup.

Hot Cross Buns
R3 - 37, 14/15
23, 14/15
25, 15/15
L3 - 36, 21/22
30, 20/22
29, 21/22
P3 - 50, 35/37

Guess Key Game: 1:15 - 49p

II)

Hot Cross Buns

R3 - 21, 15/15
18, 14/15
15, 15/15
11, 15/15

Guess Key Game 1:25 - 61p

III)

Hot Cross Buns

R3 - 11, 15/15
15, 15/15
11, 15/15
L3 - 14, 21/22

P3 - 48, 36/37
45, 37/37
36, 36/37

IV)
Next lessons we played it by heart without the computer (especially since our piano computer has a broken display since it came back home :(( )
She does better where time is concerned, from memory than from the computer.

This week Heidi has been not so well so our focus is a bit off. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssroyan

More
11 Oct 2014 05:43 #16214 by adeline.hritcu
Replied by adeline.hritcu on topic Hannah 4yro Romania
Hannah's playing has improved and she memorized HCB, playing with no mistake in time less than 10 (7-8 usually) on P3 hidden.
She did not want to be filmed.

Do you have any ideas for me about motivating lazy and strong willed children? She is quite a challenge for me.

This is one of the reasons why soft mozart is so nice: it accomodates all kinds of tempers and moods in kids and the kid does not have to be in the mood to play at the exact time when the teacher has a class with him/her. But as a parent with SM I can work with my kid whenever the time is suitable for him/her. I am quite sure that with any teacher we would have given up on piano for Hannah since I would not have agreed to pay a lot of money to have her not play at the time she was requested and of course no teacher could attend her needs as flexible as SM.

Also I appreciate all the support an the forum a lot.

Happy day to all!

More
13 Oct 2014 14:06 - 13 Oct 2014 14:07 #16231 by hellene
Hello, Adeline!
I will comment on your post as I will read it.

Hannah's playing has improved and she memorized HCB, playing with no mistake in time less than 10 (7-8 usually) on P3 hidden.
She did not want to be filmed.

Tell her that I am very proud of her! Way to go, Hannah!

Do you have any ideas for me about motivating lazy and strong willed children? She is quite a challenge for me.

Adeline, I think, she is not 'lazy' - she is just a 'young sister' and see Heidi's fast development as the evidence of her 'imperfection.' There is a rule of thumb: children love to do something, when they can and very good at it.

In this case we should compare Hannah development as 'better version of yesterday Hannah'. If she doesn't want to do something - let her go. But if she does - praise with no limit. Every tiny step that she made has to be noticed and acknowledged in very positive way.

Strong will? Great quality, if to use it for achieving small, but achievable goal.

In order to build a great bond with her that built on trust and NO personal opinion about her development, use 'pillow' - music money. It is a game: set the rule together and follow them religiously. No personal attack, no comments, no personal interaction about lessons. Children play like this: they set rules and follow them.

Here is the link to the webinar about music money, if you missed it: pianolearningsoftware.com/pages/webinar_1

This is one of the reasons why soft mozart is so nice: it accomodates all kinds of tempers and moods in kids and the kid does not have to be in the mood to play at the exact time when the teacher has a class with him/her.

Yes, this is true. Let her practice when nobody is around. Just set a very little goal - announce the 'price' - and leave her (unless she will ask to stay). Praise!

But as a parent with SM I can work with my kid whenever the time is suitable for him/her. I am quite sure that with any teacher we would have given up on piano for Hannah since I would not have agreed to pay a lot of money to have her not play at the time she was requested and of course no teacher could attend her needs as flexible as SM.

And we have recitals! Please, tell Hannah that the Winter butterfly ball is going to be FUN. I am so looking forward to send butterflies to her!

Also I appreciate all the support an the forum a lot.

Happy day to all!

I appreciate your family being with us! It is so great that we can be connected from the different part of the globe to work on education and upbringing our children! :)

Back to the Mozart
Last edit: 13 Oct 2014 14:07 by hellene.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds