fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Teachers Training Experience

advice for a newbie teacher .

More
11 Nov 2018 14:30 #30796 by hellene
Bella, did you subscribe to free prep lessons and lessons for teaching parents here?
I wrote everything in these lectures

pianolearningsoftware.com/pages/english

Play Guess Key with student 1 min of Game time
Stop by pressing F1
Write the score down

Ask them to do the same at home and see, if the amount of coins grow

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: bella

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2018 09:41 #30848 by bella
Replied by bella on topic advice for a newbie teacher .
so we had our first lesson last week . the 2 brothers came together .i started with the older brother while the younger one watching for a bit then playing around . my 2 kids who are softmozart expert by now wanted to teach their friend , showing him all the cool stuff the software can teach :) we did guess key game and he loved it didnt want to stop , then he practiced 2 songs from the library , he did well left , right , then both . we did 5 finger exercises singing the notes . the little one kept asking when he gets to do it , he was so motivated he wanted to take over . sadly when i called him to come his brother went to play with my kids so i can focus on him but his enthusiasm faded a bit , he also wanted to finish quickly so he can go join the others playing . i think this is my problem , those are very close friends to my kids and if given choice they want to camp in our house and never go home :) i was thinking i have a spare laptop maybe if i can download the games that dont need piano for one to practice while the other playing the piano . what do you think ? i have to check if possible to use same license key on 2 different keyboards . now my main concern is not that but i dont see how those kids can progress by doing just one session a week with me , they have their own piano but their mum is not ready to invest in the software , she doesnt trust she can use it by herself , that is why she asked me to teach her kids , how do other kids who are learning with teachers do outside training session ?then i am a bit concerned about cost for the families , if they are to pay me private lessons and pay softmozart monthly subscription ? i appreciate your thoughts about all this .

More
22 Nov 2018 09:27 #30868 by hellene
Hello, Vivian,

bella wrote: so we had our first lesson last week . the 2 brothers came together .i started with the older brother while the younger one watching for a bit then playing around . my 2 kids who are softmozart expert by now wanted to teach their friend , showing him all the cool stuff the software can teach :)

Wonderful! Let them work on cards and Alphabet song. Do you receive my stories from Kingdom of Tune? They have some activities and printouts too!

we did guess key game and he loved it didnt want to stop , then he practiced 2 songs from the library , he did well left , right , then both . we did 5 finger exercises singing the notes .

are you planning to share videos of that? it will be easier for me to help you when I see the details of the lessons

the little one kept asking when he gets to do it , he was so motivated he wanted to take over . sadly when i called him to come his brother went to play with my kids so i can focus on him but his enthusiasm faded a bit , he also wanted to finish quickly so he can go join the others playing .

Keep the lesson time whole for both kids and rotate them. At the end of the lesson make circle time, when each child will play for all what he/she learned. After the lesson if off all can go.

i think this is my problem , those are very close friends to my kids and if given choice they want to camp in our house and never go home :) i was thinking i have a spare laptop maybe if i can download the games that dont need piano for one to practice while the other playing the piano . what do you think ?

Yes, it is a good idea.

i have to check if possible to use same license key on 2 different keyboards .

Unfortunately this is not an option.

now my main concern is not that but i dont see how those kids can progress by doing just one session a week with me , they have their own piano but their mum is not ready to invest in the software ,

this is not 'software' , but the way to create the Music Staff as a whole system. You can't teach someone to swim using no water in the swimming pool. All of our piano / music instructors offer their students the subscription. For that they have their price very low. I provided you with the link to the software purchase way below the market price. Did you save the links?

she doesnt trust she can use it by herself ,

Part of your duty is to teach her to use it by herself. Your home work should be very concrete. They have to start practice note book and write the scores down at home and your class.

that is why she asked me to teach her kids , how do other kids who are learning with teachers do outside training session ?then i am a bit concerned about cost for the families , if they are to pay me private lessons and pay softmozart monthly subscription ? i appreciate your thoughts about all this .

Please, check the cost of the links that I gave you. there is nothing to worry about! The role of the teacher in our academy is to be a guide and help kids to communicate with music 1 on 1. Therefore, students absolutely have to have software for home practice.

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds