fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

Longi / 3 year old / France / Homeschool

More
13 Nov 2018 15:20 - 13 Nov 2018 15:29 #30808 by longito
Longi is back after 6 months away from softmozart.
He did forget some things but i feel like it is just a question of time before he remember everything he have learned so far...

Soft mozart Academy 2018 | Longi 3 Y/o | 5 finger exercise
check out how longi manage to remeber the name of the fingers at the end of the video
Last edit: 13 Nov 2018 15:29 by longito.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2018 15:25 #30809 by longito
Hi
I need help
How do you manage to teach one kid at a time without the other trying to call the parent attention.
This behaviour is starting to make this experience stresfull for me...

More
14 Nov 2018 08:41 #30816 by hellene

longito wrote: Longi is back after 6 months away from softmozart.
He did forget some things but i feel like it is just a question of time before he remember everything he have learned so far...

Soft mozart Academy 2018 | Longi 3 Y/o | 5 finger exercise
check out how longi manage to remeber the name of the fingers at the end of the video

Welcome back!
I am very happy to see you in our school!
You are absolutely right^ I see that his control over each finger didn't go away and it is a matter of time to restore it.
Say HI to Longi from Queen Tonic. Do you receive the stories to read from Kingdom of Tune?

Back to the Mozart

More
14 Nov 2018 09:21 #30817 by hellene

longito wrote: Hi
I need help
How do you manage to teach one kid at a time without the other trying to call the parent attention.
This behaviour is starting to make this experience stresfull for me...

I understand exactly what you mean. Video also helps.
First of all, please, subscribe to our course for parents about attention span here. Most likely, you already read it, but I suggest to re-read it again to apply to your family situation
It is here
www.musiceducation2.org/pages/english

We have to start working on kids focus and your educator's role in the house.

In my lessons for teaching parents I have a lecture "when mom is also a teacher'. It is tricky part since you are a 'care giver' for kids and it takes some trick to convince them that you are also their teacher.

Lesson time should be divided from family time with the bell or another ritual

Tell older child that you are going to teach him and he will be a guide for his brother. When we teach someone, we learn as well. When older child will accept this role, he will grow to be more responsible for younger one.

Younger brother can't be neglected and left alone during the process. Older brother and you have to give his small and manageable assignment: to place cards in order. To wait for his brother to show him the key to press etc.

We need to create harmony before digging into learning more complicated staff. Your kids have to learn to take turns and help each other. No competition. No punishments.

1. What is music and what is noise? Do you have the book? Just tell them that Mr Noise and Mr Headache are friends and they are not welcome in you home. If any of them start banging on the keys, turn the piano off and say: we have to remove Mr Noise and Headache from here. Shhh... Let's hear, if they left the room.

2. Cards. Can you make them large and illuminated? Ask both kids to learn cards with Alphabet song. After that one child can work with cards - another play.

The intervals of interaction with piano keys have to be tiny. Make sure that 1 finger touches 1 key. If not, turn piano off.

Cover the rest of keys and screen. If they protest, stop the lesson. Say that as a teacher you can't work like that. As mom you invite them to do something else

You can't teach anyone, if they don't respect you as teacher. They have to agree to your terms - or else...

Kids love rules. They play outside and create their own rules. The rules in lessons also have to be spelled out.

Teacher #1 - you
Assistant of the teacher #1 - you older son
Student #1 - younger fellow.

Did you read my article about music money as discipline helper? Make them from construction paper in form of flags or butterflies.

Reward for even tiny achievements

1 second quiet? - 1 butterfly
2. Didn't bang on 2 or more keys - 1 butterfly

You have to open your 3rd eye to see these tiny achievements. This is hardest part since we a quick to judge our kids, but miss the moments when they are awesome.

If one kid misbehave, don't say that he is bad. Say another kid: you are so awesome and focus. Let me give you a butterfly for that!

At the end of the 'lesson' ring the bell. Say: let's count how many butterflies did you earn today.
Count. Give them something for tiny reward. Give to both. No lecturing or comparing one with another.

The 'lesson' can be 5 min long! You will increase the time gradually. However, the goal of such lessons should be harmony between three people.

Let me know!

HH

Back to the Mozart

More
08 Jan 2019 18:09 - 08 Jan 2019 18:18 #31409 by longito
Hi
It is very hard to find the time to post the videos on both diaries (mine and longi's).
But you can be sure that i read all your messages and advices and try to implement them at home.
He is a video of longi yesterday.
I don't know what to do but every time he knows that the camera is there, he start playing like this... acting like a baby. (i was like this when i was younger as well, it's because i was shy...).
This is what i could get from him.. but daddy ruined it at the end.. can i post this as a recital video?

Last edit: 08 Jan 2019 18:18 by longito.

More
08 Jan 2019 19:03 #31414 by longito
Practicing...

p

p

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds