fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

David, 64 years old, started February 3, 2018

More
24 Feb 2018 17:31 #28716 by davidsaroff
Hellene,

Thanks for asking.

I'm just ordering its replacement.

I can operate the touch pad and an on screen keyboard in the old computer, so it may become dedicated to the Allegro2 and soft piano.

It is considerate of you to put up the inventions.

In a week I meet with the three professors who work with me on the survey of the Andromeda galaxy for pulsar signals. Did I explain, we had 40 hours of the Green Bank Observatory for that, and recorded the signals received. My task is to write and operate computer programs to search the 8TB of data. I'm not spending enough time with soft mozart, but that should improve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2018 18:21 #28718 by hellene
David,
Do you believe in life on other planets?

Back to the Mozart

More
24 Feb 2018 19:03 #28719 by davidsaroff
Hellene,

Yes, I do. Life in the galaxy, and all galaxies is as common as the grass, I believe.

There was a special space telescope put up that looked for planets around other stars by measuring the small ~1% decrease in the star's brightness when the planet passes between us and the star, eclipsing a small part of it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler_(spacecraft)

It was discovered that almost all stars have systems of planets. Some of those planets will be at the right distance so oceans don't boil, too close, or freeze, too far. It is expected that on some fraction of those, life will arise spontaneously. On some fraction of those it will evolve to intelligent technological life.

If on a planet around a nearby star there was a civilization similar in technology to ours, the strong radars that are used at airports to guide the planes in during heavy weather would be detected at an observatory like Green Bank, if we were lined up correctly. About 1/3 of the Green Bank telescope time is used for just such searches. They are under the name SETI, Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence.

I am alert to see it in my data, though Andromeda is so far away, 2.5 million light years, that I don't expect Andromeda SETI, but might accidently be pointed in the right direction so stars in our own galaxy are being detected too.

I am an atheist and scientific rationalist. I explain this to Christian religious people like this: the universe is so much bigger than when the bible was written, it makes no sense that a creator would put life on only this planet. There is a mismatch of scale. To my mind the creator and creation are the same thing, recreating itself everywhere all the time. Physics is the pattern of that recreation, but quantum mechanics teaches us that we can not predict what will happen exactly. The universe can surprise us by what it becomes. As part of that universe, we can surprise ourselves! I ask Christians this, if God has created intelligent life in many places, then if God is merciful, God must have offered salvation from sin there too, because any sufficiently intelligent creative creature sins, that is does evil things, if not intentionally, then because they don't understand the consequences of their actions, or there is no path of action that doesn't do harm. So... I ask, what was the Sermon on the Mount there? But it is sort of a tease, a way to try to make that person think on a bigger scale.

The physicist Fermi asked "where are they?", to mean, if there is technological life on planets around other stars, wouldn't we have visitors? My answer is the distances are so great, there is no practical way to make the journey, but the science fiction writers think otherwise!

More
26 Feb 2018 12:54 #28730 by hellene
How interesting it was to know your opinion on this!

I believe in the Creator of the whole system and from my own experience I know that there is the Information Field.

About the 'Field', by the way Nikola Tesla knew and wrote.

In my case the discovery of the fact of how the notes and keys combine into a single whole, I got from this 'field'. I also received help for my book from the same place. I did not have time to write, so much information poured on me.

My life and the creation of this program confirms to me that God exists. He is not, perhaps, as it is painted in the Bible. At the time Bible was issued, the Information Field provided information that corresponded to that time period.

Modern discoveries in the field of clinical death suggest that the soul exists and after life there is another life. I believe in that!

We still can not understand how this is all connected together. But people who managed to look beyond, say that the answers to the questions there are obvious

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olga Egorova

More
09 Mar 2018 23:15 #28993 by davidsaroff
Hellene,

Thanks for the new installation key and URL. I've just put it in the new laptop and tested it works.

More
10 Mar 2018 11:15 #28999 by hellene

davidsaroff wrote: Hellene,

Thanks for the new installation key and URL. I've just put it in the new laptop and tested it works.

Great!
David, do you have Bach Invention in your version?
I can send them to you

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds