fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× 2018-2019

Layla Lindsay, Australia

More
06 Dec 2018 17:54 #30975 by Lindsayl
Layla has just turned 3 and we are just starting out. She came to choir with me until she was 2 and a half, and we go to symphony orchestra performances to watch a friend play every few months. We have now started following your music appreciation youtube videos as well. Layla loves to dance and conduct the music though she is not in time yet.
We started playing the guess key game. She can recognise all of the symbols door rain etc and says them out loud and sort of tunefully. Now that she's got the concept that we are trying not to see the spider, she is starting to get points. Yesterday she played for 3 minutes and got 51 points. She is working on Ode to Joy. So far only right hand 23 124. She lost interest very quickly. I tried flash cards to put the symbols in order but she didn't understand what I was trying to do. She put all the cards in pairs instead. She didn't want to play any of the other games yet. I'm happy with her progress for the first week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2018 16:30 #31000 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Layla Lindsay, Australia
Welcome! I am happy to finally see you here, on the forum. Place, where all the wonders are happening in front of your own eyes.

Lindsayl wrote: Layla has just turned 3 and we are just starting out. She came to choir with me until she was 2 and a half, and we go to symphony orchestra performances to watch a friend play every few months.

I am sure you were listening a lot of music before she was even born and formed her musical taste then. Did you subscribe to the article about Attention Span? There is a chapter about it that our kids coming to this world being completely ready to learn music and piano. ;)

We have now started following your music appreciation youtube videos as well. Layla loves to dance and conduct the music though she is not in time yet.

Of cause! Coordination is learning to follow the music.

We started playing the guess key game. She can recognise all of the symbols door rain etc and says them out loud and sort of tunefully. Now that she's got the concept that we are trying not to see the spider, she is starting to get points.

Wonderful! She had to go through 'spider stage' as a child with great cognitive mind. How else she will learn the main rules of interactions in our system?

Yesterday she played for 3 minutes and got 51 points.

It is 3 min of game time or real time? For real time it is ok. For game time way too advance for her.

She is working on Ode to Joy. So far only right hand 23 124.

It seems like she needs help. Time is very high for amount of notes played. Did you try to cut the piece into smaller segments? Do you know, how to do it?

She lost interest very quickly.

You bet. The piece also is too hard for her. Try Hot Cross Buns from Introductory. Let her enjoy the sense of accomplishment!

I tried flash cards to put the symbols in order but she didn't understand what I was trying to do.

Did you sing the Song chant before doing this activity?

She put all the cards in pairs instead. She didn't want to play any of the other games yet. I'm happy with her progress for the first week.

You may ask her to pick a card for you by naming them. She may enjoy it, if every card that is properly picked will give her a 'kiss' :)

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds