fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi there!

More
28 Aug 2018 21:04 - 28 Aug 2018 23:40 #30360 by kmt7
Replied by kmt7 on topic Hi there!
Will do a video today after school and will post. I find that from her results, some Christmas carols are slightly challenging for her esp both hands hence mistake results may be over 5. In such scenario depending on Kataya's mood for the day we repeat that particular piece once. Usually it is the BH.
I was thinking about continuing to P5 for Fav Classics 0 but realised the gap..so question.
I have a question about p4 and P5. When, or more importantly how does the p5 notes become meaningful for a learner? As in from solfeggio notes to real notes. Hope you understand what I mean..no music jargon to clearly explain. :unsure:
Last edit: 28 Aug 2018 23:40 by kmt7.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2018 08:11 #30365 by kmt7
This is the usual SR session. Going through Nursery Songs 1 in R4 L4 P4 once

Going through songs in Christmas Carols R2 L2 P2 once

The following user(s) said Thank You: Губочкина Елена

More
29 Aug 2018 08:54 #30366 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hi there!
Kim, from what I see you don't have to play the same piano pieces on 5 and 6. Your daughter has very stable development and sight-read music from elementary score without even looking at her hands.
Now let's take a look at her time vs correct notes played.
If the amount of seconds even with the notes played (on the very left of the monitor bottom) - next Albums can be played on 2 and 4.
If the time is much less and close to 0, try the next Album on 5 and even 6.

Time bar is now our 'temperature' that clearly shows the fluency level of her sight-reading.

Let me know, if you have any more questions!

Back to the Mozart

More
13 Sep 2018 01:06 #30400 by kmt7
Hi Hellene,
In the Segment 6,
Learn how transpose (to play from different keys) with Gentle piano

Is there a starting point in the GP- Transposing for the very young ? Do they start from the top and work down the list?

More
13 Sep 2018 08:17 #30401 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hi there!

kmt7 wrote: Hi Hellene,
In the Segment 6,
Learn how transpose (to play from different keys) with Gentle piano

Is there a starting point in the GP- Transposing for the very young ? Do they start from the top and work down the list?

I suggest to look at # and b key signatures. Start with no first and add the piano pieces with 1, 2 , 3 etc gradually.

www.google.com/search?q=key+signatures&t...imgrc=hnwgz9NyTSc55M :

Thank you very much for asking!

Back to the Mozart

More
20 Sep 2018 04:56 - 20 Sep 2018 06:55 #30415 by kmt7
Hi Hellene,
So C major -half note and C major quarters played one after the other for a while. Then move on to G major half notes with quarters then D major etc..? Am I doing this correct? LOL :blink:

Or play all quarter notes in C major, then F major, G major Bb major D major Eb major ect in that order and then go back to do half notes in this same order.

From your teaching vid. The little boy was playing A major and then Ab major? 3# and 4b key signatures, I am confused with this transposing exercise..:S
Last edit: 20 Sep 2018 06:55 by kmt7.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds