fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Progress Diaries

David, 64 years old, started February 3, 2018

More
08 Feb 2018 12:17 #28562 by davidsaroff
Some answers

you wrote
"Me Fa you mean?"
yes, of course

"faster than I answering your posts"
Please don't feel that you have to answer my posts quickly.

"Can you sing C major by one syllable. Ah, Oh, Uh? Do you remember the pattern and inner intervals between the scale degrees?"
Yes. I know the "sound" of the major key, confidently. I can sing the major and minor scales, thinking do-ra...te-do, or la-te...so,la. I can, slowly, play a major or minor scale starting any where on the keyboard the same way.

"Imagine... For some reason file came out as fast."
Yes, it played fast. I put it in the "Beatles" file for later. There is a key change that I didn't understand, so I need to listen to the original while looking at the score.

"Can you try R1H, L1H and P1H?"
Will try.

"The next steps will be playing with TEACHING VIDEOS"
I wanted to get to practising all the "Favorite Classics 1", but I will look at your teaching videos. I wanted to get a bit farther along before sending you a video. I'm only getting in a 20 minute practice session every second day.

I have your suggestions how to progress in an earlier email, and the lesson plan on the web site too.

Thanks for the responses!

I did read your book, but thought you might be interested in additional reports of perfect pitch in tonal languages, and successes in teaching it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2018 22:37 #28568 by davidsaroff
2/10/2018
Guess by Key ABC 1050 in 8:10 minutes
Guess by Key Solfage 1009 in 8:37 minutes

More
11 Feb 2018 21:56 #28576 by davidsaroff
2/11/2018
guess key solfage 1156 8:11

More
14 Feb 2018 15:55 #28599 by hellene

davidsaroff wrote: 2/11/2018
guess key solfage 1156 8:11

David, can you try to play this with screen closed or by ear?

Back to the Mozart

More
14 Feb 2018 17:11 #28600 by davidsaroff
Interesting, you mean trying the "Guess Key" drill without the note names in either ABC or DoRaMe, with the screen turned off, just by sound? I will try that later this evening. I'm only getting in ~15 minutes per day, pressure of my research. But that sounds like fun.

More
14 Feb 2018 18:37 #28601 by hellene
I can't wait to hear from you afterwords!

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds