fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

david saroff, hello and privet

More
27 Jan 2018 10:44 #28456 by davidsaroff
In retirement from decades of computer design in Silicon valley, I am a 64 year old Astrophysicist, a second career that I do living alone from a cottage in the forest near the University of Virginia in Charlottesville.

I learned a bit of piano as a small child to the level of Minuet 3 from Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach.

I loved the classical music my father let me put on his record player. Sometimes I listen to my old favorites, the Bach double violin concerto, the Mendelson violin concerto in E, the Mozart Clarinet concerto in A and the second movement of Beethoven's 7th while reading full score, to focus my attention.

I recently bought a nice weighted key Williams Allegro2. I carry an A-440 tuning fork always, and while walking in the forest or driving to the observatory practice Solfage. I understand music theory from the Physicist's point of view, that is "On the Sensation of Tone" by Helmholtz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2018 14:34 #28466 by hellene
Hello, David!
Welcome!

davidsaroff wrote: In retirement from decades of computer design in Silicon valley, I am a 64 year old Astrophysicist, a second career that I do living alone from a cottage in the forest near the University of Virginia in Charlottesville.

It will be great to see pictures from the forest! Will you share with us sometimes?

I learned a bit of piano as a small child to the level of Minuet 3 from Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach.

Much more advanced piano pieces for beginners then method books. Don't you think?

I loved the classical music my father let me put on his record player. Sometimes I listen to my old favorites, the Bach double violin concerto, the Mendelson violin concerto in E, the Mozart Clarinet concerto in A and the second movement of Beethoven's 7th while reading full score, to focus my attention.

Yes, listening with the score helps a lot with music appreciation. We did the same in music college and conservatory.

I recently bought a nice weighted key Williams Allegro2.

How is installation and tuning went? Can we recommend this piano to our customers?

I carry an A-440 tuning fork always, and while walking in the forest or driving to the observatory practice Solfage. I understand music theory from the Physicist's point of view, that is "On the Sensation of Tone" by Helmholtz.

Well, it is wonderful! I find music language very balanced for physics and feelings. Did you noticed how we use math and physics in our software? ;)

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds