fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from KS

More
13 Feb 2017 11:15 #25541 by clkoehn87
Hello from KS was created by clkoehn87
Hello!

We are the Koehns and are from KS. We just bought the month subscription of Soft Mozart to see if it would be something we would be interested in purchasing, and after only two days of looking over the program, we have decided that it will definitely be worth the investment, so we are trying to save up and crossing our fingers for a discount code coming up soon. We are a partially homeschooling family (one homeschools, another still attends public school, the third is still too little, and we have another one on the way!). We are all planning on learning piano and are very excited to do so. Here is some background information:

Dad--reads music well, played drums growing up, has a little bit of piano background from childhood, but doesn't remember terribly much.
Mom--reads music and grew up singing and performing in musicals. However, there is no piano background and played flute during teenage years.
Oldest daughter--9 y/o--homeschooled, has mild dyslexia and a few other learning difficulties, but works extremely hard and is very bright. She has a little bit of piano background, but is very much a beginner. She is very interested in doing theatre and music here in the upcoming years.
Youngest daughter--6 y/o--not homeschooled yet, very bright and eager to learn piano. Keeping her from wanting to rush through the program will be our biggest challenge.
Oldest son--2 y/o--very interested in the piano and loves music, but gets on to turn on music and yells "Rock and Roll!" as he pushes the all the keys. He is a very quick and sharp learner, but really likes doing his own thing, so keeping him engaged will be our struggle.
Youngest son--not arrived yet!

I am currently reading everything I can and trying to figure out where to begin with everyone. We have a Yamaha DGX 660 digital piano. We have played around with Guess Key school and Gentle Piano and are very impressed, I just want to put us all on a solid pathway to truly learn how to read, play, and be able to use our ears when it comes to notes and tuning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2017 09:35 #25545 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello from KS
Hello and welcome!

clkoehn87 wrote: Hello!

We are the Koehns and are from KS. We just bought the month subscription of Soft Mozart to see if it would be something we would be interested in purchasing, and after only two days of looking over the program, we have decided that it will definitely be worth the investment, so we are trying to save up and crossing our fingers for a discount code coming up soon.

You don't have to wait! Please, email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and send a short story on my name. We offer discount to any family that tried program, connected piano and computer and ready to go. We will provide you with the subscription for your budget,.

We are a partially homeschooling family (one homeschools, another still attends public school, the third is still too little, and we have another one on the way!). We are all planning on learning piano and are very excited to do so. Here is some background information:

Dad--reads music well, played drums growing up, has a little bit of piano background from childhood, but doesn't remember terribly much.

My method will definitely help to improve his memory!

Mom--reads music and grew up singing and performing in musicals. However, there is no piano background and played flute during teenage years.

You will gain excellent piano skills

Oldest daughter--9 y/o--homeschooled, has mild dyslexia and a few other learning difficulties, but works extremely hard and is very bright. She has a little bit of piano background, but is very much a beginner. She is very interested in doing theatre and music here in the upcoming years.

I recommend you to follow my lesson plans. We have success teaching children with dyslexia. She will greatly benefit from the method.

Youngest daughter--6 y/o--not homeschooled yet, very bright and eager to learn piano. Keeping her from wanting to rush through the program will be our biggest challenge.

I developed some ways to keep such learners on track. Just be in touch with me on the forum and update information on the progress

Oldest son--2 y/o--very interested in the piano and loves music, but gets on to turn on music and yells "Rock and Roll!" as he pushes the all the keys. He is a very quick and sharp learner, but really likes doing his own thing, so keeping him engaged will be our struggle.

We develop a way to build baby's attention span from scratch. Send me a reminder and I will be happy to share my written materials with you about it.

Youngest son--not arrived yet!

I am currently reading everything I can and trying to figure out where to begin with everyone. We have a Yamaha DGX 660 digital piano. We have played around with Guess Key school and Gentle Piano and are very impressed, I just want to put us all on a solid pathway to truly learn how to read, play, and be able to use our ears when it comes to notes and tuning.

I suggest my lesson plans Prep C for ALL and A for your 2 year old
Some materials you as an adult may find 'childish', but will appreciate in a long run since I found some easy ways to ex[plain very difficult abstract music concepts.

Here is the link to the plans:
www.softmozart.com/forum/63-lesson-plans.html

Back to the Mozart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds