fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Introduction from Georgia

More
29 Dec 2016 22:01 #25022 by Dehnerts
We are a family of six. We homeschool our four kids (10, 8, 5, and 3). Dad plays the guitar some and mom has always wanted to play the piano. With a recent purchase of a digital piano we are all jumping in to learn piano the Soft Mozart way and are excited to be part of this community.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2016 09:31 #25029 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Introduction from Georgia

Dehnerts wrote: We are a family of six. We homeschool our four kids (10, 8, 5, and 3). Dad plays the guitar some and mom has always wanted to play the piano. With a recent purchase of a digital piano we are all jumping in to learn piano the Soft Mozart way and are excited to be part of this community.

Welcome!
I am looking forward to watching your family blossoming with Soft Mozart. Indeed, you will have amazing, most fulfilling experience with music in your family life. Let me know, if you need my help.

Back to the Mozart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dehnerts

More
31 Dec 2016 21:49 #25050 by Dehnerts
Replied by Dehnerts on topic Introduction from Georgia
Hi Ms. Hellene. Thank you for your reply. We have received everything in the mail and we are already enjoying Gentle Piano and Guess Key. I do have a few questions though after reviewing the Prep C lesson guide in the online forum and the PDF curriculum that came on the CD. There seems to be some differences that I was hoping you could clarify or provide some guidance on.

1) In the PDF, only "Hot Cross Buns" is referenced for the Gentle Piano in the first month, but in the forum you reference Mulberry Bush, Surprise, Hot Cross Buns, Jingle Bells, etc. for the first month
2) In the PDF, it talks about using the Guess Key Name game for 10 minutes, while online recommends 2-3 minutes.
3) In the PDF, you talk about using the correct fingering for Hot Cross Buns. This is listed as (Mi-the3rd, Re-the4th and Do-the1st ); this was a little confusing because I thought it would be Do-1st, Re-2nd, and Mi-3rd, but also I thought I read somewhere online that you mentioned kids shouldn't really focus on correct finger placement at first because they will figure out what works best as they practice.

So, I am just wondering if you would recommend that we try to stick closer to the online plan or try to stick closer to the PDF plan? Then my follow up question is why are these different?

Thank you for your help and Happy New Year!

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds