fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from Panama

More
19 Dec 2015 10:20 - 19 Dec 2015 10:25 #21292 by andp2004
Hello from Panama was created by andp2004
Hello everyone,

My name is Andres, Im currently trying to learn piano, ive always enjoyed music rhythm games since a very young age. I remember at one point i was enrolled in piano lessons while I was still very young but did not enjoy much of it. All i can remember was that it seemed very structured for something i was not willingly wanting to learn at the time. I had soccer and roller-blades, martial arts and so many other activities that were really fun that piano just seemed to escape me at this age.

Im currently 29, I work from home so I have a good amount of free time to invest in learning.
I was hoping try this method, while in comparison to other "software" options out there it does lack the "pretty" aspect, on the other hand I can appreciate what it focuses on and their methods seem to me oriented towards a higher and more complete teaching method. At least thats what i have gathered from it so far.

The only thing that has me going somewhat crazy now is "Where exactly do I begin?" "What to do, what to follow, when to and whats next" etc.. etc.. ( I have looked at the lesson plans but there are still several questions on how it all works that I need to tackle.)

If anyone with experience can reach out to me and go over things, I have Skype and speak English and Spanish. That would really help out.

Thank you all, wish you the best for the Holidays! Merry Christmas!

Andres
Last edit: 19 Dec 2015 10:25 by andp2004.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2015 10:30 #21293 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello from Panama
Hello, Andres!
Welcome!
Soft Mozart is not just a software, First and the most it is a curriculum and lesson plans.
Please, follow this link to see your plans here:
www.softmozart.com/forum/63-lesson-plans.html (English)
www.softmozart.com/forum/73-plan-de-estudios.html (Spanish)
I would recommend you to start from Prep C level.
Here is the place, where you can keep your Progress Diary and share your experience with us. It will help us to see your development and help you on the way:
www.softmozart.com/forum/2015-2015.html
Just press + New Topic and start.

Back to the Mozart

More
19 Dec 2015 10:42 #21294 by andp2004
Replied by andp2004 on topic Hello from Panama
Hi Hellene,

Thank you for the feedback, I had somewhat started the Level 1 if im not mistaken.
I will take your advice and start looking at Prep C and start posting my progress.

Good point regarding the curriculum and lesson plans, that itself should make this a very different offering as others in the market currently have.

Have a great day!
Andres

More
19 Dec 2015 11:46 #21295 by hellene
The curriculum is developed upon the highest standards and the best educational practices all over the world, but mainly Russian school of music.
Prep C has a lot of very important exercises, concepts, tasks. It is to eveyone advantage do not miss that before jumping into Level 1

Back to the Mozart

More
19 Dec 2015 12:01 - 19 Dec 2015 12:28 #21296 by andp2004
Replied by andp2004 on topic Hello from Panama
I was just about to sit down and go through it, thanks Hellene!

A quick question when you state" S, R1, L1, P1" on the song selections.
Does this mean to play / practice using the #'s 1,2,3,4,5,6 options under the Gentle Piano?
Im assuming that's what its making reference to correct? and the R for Right, L for Left and P for Both hands? While S being the song played automatically.

It also mentions a Do,Re,Mi... Card Game, any idea where i can find these cards or what application I use?

The other question, while doing the Guess Note game. It states "SING the names of the notes while playing" Should i do this with the Alphabet option (C,D,E..) or (Do,Re,Mi...) Italian options.

Thanks
Last edit: 19 Dec 2015 12:28 by andp2004.

More
19 Dec 2015 15:28 #21297 by hellene

andp2004 wrote: I was just about to sit down and go through it, thanks Hellene!

A quick question when you state" S, R1, L1, P1" on the song selections.
Does this mean to play / practice using the #'s 1,2,3,4,5,6 options under the Gentle Piano?
Im assuming that's what its making reference to correct? and the R for Right, L for Left and P for Both hands? While S being the song played automatically.

You got it!

It also mentions a Do,Re,Mi... Card Game, any idea where i can find these cards or what application I use?

pianolearningsoftware.com/collections/di...downloadable-english

The other question, while doing the Guess Note game. It states "SING the names of the notes while playing" Should i do this with the Alphabet option (C,D,E..) or (Do,Re,Mi...) Italian options.

Thanks

If you want to develop perfect pitch and learn effectively, use Do Re Mi

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds