fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from MA/USA

More
27 Nov 2015 18:39 #21169 by namaste
Hello from MA/USA was created by namaste
Hello,

I am a mother with twin 3 year old boys and an almost 8 month old boy who is interested in music education for my kids. We're excited about the software and for our boys to start playing the piano.

Are the requirements for the downloadable demo different than for the software? We have an old computer and aren't sure if we need to use a new computer just for the demo or are the requirements the same?

Not sure what to expect in what will be shipped. I thought the software would be downloadable. Confused about the different lengths and why the 12 month mac program was so much more expensive than the 12 month windows one.

Thanks so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2015 13:37 #21175 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello from MA/USA
Hello!
Welcome to our community!

namaste wrote: Hello,

I am a mother with twin 3 year old boys and an almost 8 month old boy who is interested in music education for my kids. We're excited about the software and for our boys to start playing the piano.

Oh, with 3 little children your hands full! However, you are going to enjoy Soft Mozart system very much!
Please, keep in mind that software is just a component of the curriculum designed for the interactive learning.

Are the requirements for the downloadable demo different than for the software? We have an old computer and aren't sure if we need to use a new computer just for the demo or are the requirements the same?

Old computers will work fine! The Demo's and full version tech specs are the same.

Not sure what to expect in what will be shipped. I thought the software would be downloadable.

Our Mac version has USB silver key. It will be shipped with CD and piano key stickers. We use Express mail with tracking. Usually it takes about 3-4 days to get to people's homes.

Confused about the different lengths and why the 12 month mac program was so much more expensive than the 12 month windows one.

Technology part of Mac is different and requires extra hardware (dongles) and programming. :(
I am currently working on the fundraising project to be able to upgrade the entire system and make it more affordable and easy to get for everyone. I am going to keep everyone informed, how it goes.

Thanks so much.

You are welcome! Let me know, if you need any help with teaching part of the system. ;)

Back to the Mozart

More
01 Dec 2015 08:49 - 01 Dec 2015 08:51 #21181 by namaste
Replied by namaste on topic Hello from MA/USA
Thank you for writing!

We are using the demo with intel. My 3 year old twins love it and are working on playing what is there of hot cross buns and happy birthday. They can play right or left hand, but can't do both. I was able to download the door rain etc printout so they can find the keys. They still point to the screen and then find the corresponding key on the keyboard. I've already seen improvement in their accuracy and speed in just 3 days.

I found the curriculum under the academy portion of the forum and have also printed out the flash cards. I can't get them to do any finger exercises or using more than 1 finger yet. I tried it myself and the Hanlon ones are a bit of a challenge even for me. Just having them name their fingers hasn't worked yet from the first month of the curriculum. I'm just trying to take it at their pace. They just turned 3 in September.

We started with the surprise symphony for music appreciation and really appreciate your curriculum on the academy section even if we can't implement it all yet. I am wondering if we should start with the earlier curriculum instead of the one for ages 3-5.

I would appreciate your suggestions. I've watched a number of the videos and tutorials on this forum which is great.

Thanks so much.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2015 08:51 by namaste.

More
02 Dec 2015 14:24 #21193 by namaste
I got one of them to use his right hand and sing the do re mi fa so. Would not do the left one and does not have the dexterity to use his r hand. They were premature and are small for their age.

We are uncomfortable posting photos and videos online.

The more cooperative one prefers happy birthday song with pretty reliable r1 10/12 40 and l1 4/4 11

More
02 Dec 2015 17:06 #21194 by namaste
I think after reviewing the curriculum I am going to start with the 24-36 month program for them. It seems it is parallel with the one for 3-5 year olds but just a bit less to start and slower start up of skills which I think would work better for my premature twins. Then when they are 4 they could move up to the next program.

If you have different advice, please share.

More
02 Dec 2015 17:19 #21195 by namaste
I also have a question. Do they go right from age 3-5 to level 1 once they complete the age 3-5? So even if they are 4 years old if they complete the pre level B they go straight to level 1 for lesson plans?

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds