fbpx

Our Promotion

Save, Сэкономьте, Ahorrar
The 'Butterfly Ball' is Officially Over. What Next?/ "Бал Бабочек" закончен. Что дальше?/La Gala de Mariposas ha terminado oficialmente. ¿Qué sigue? (12 Feb 2024)

Unlock Your 'Butterfly Ball' Benefits: Certificates and Discounts Awaiting!
Откройте для себя преимущества «Бала Бабочек»: начинаем производить сертификаты и назначать скидки!
¡Desbloquea tus beneficios de la Gala de Mariposas: Certificados y descuentos te esperan!

× Welcome to the SoftMozart forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello everyone

More
12 Oct 2015 20:40 #20944 by dfredrickson
Replied by dfredrickson on topic Hello everyone
Hellene,

As well as trying to teach my children, I would like to learn piano myself. I took lessons for maybe 1 or 2 years when I was very young and know only the very basics, but wish that I could play more advanced songs. My main goal is that I would like to be able to play hymns in our hymnal, particularly hymns I don't already know.

While it is hard enough for me to get time with the kids, I would still like to make progress myself. Do you have any suggestions for how best I should proceed?

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2015 12:28 #20947 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello everyone
Dear Dan,
It is very important to teach children using your own example. Most of our parents also taking piano lessons and teaching children at the same time.

dfredrickson wrote: Hellene,

As well as trying to teach my children, I would like to learn piano myself. I took lessons for maybe 1 or 2 years when I was very young and know only the very basics, but wish that I could play more advanced songs.

We can use the program as a tool to adjust the curriculum to your current music skills. I will help you to do that.

My main goal is that I would like to be able to play hymns in our hymnal, particularly hymns I don't already know.

Did you find Hymns in your software? I think, we have plenty in very good arrangement.

While it is hard enough for me to get time with the kids, I would still like to make progress myself. Do you have any suggestions for how best I should proceed?

Dan

Yes. I would suggest you to follow the lesson plan Prep C in regards to piano and sight-reading. I you will find it interesting to follow all the activities, you are welcome to do so. Some materials may seem like childish to you, but I disguised very important and advance theory concepts into stories. It will be easier for you to get to very advance level, if you will follow the plan ;)

Here is the link, to it:

www.softmozart.com/forum/63-lesson-plans...year-old-and-up.html

To understand you level in piano skills and sight-reading, let's do some test:

open the Album Nursery Songs 1 and play first 5 pieces on mode 6.

Let me know, what score did you get

Back to the Mozart

More
13 Oct 2015 20:12 #20954 by dfredrickson
Thanks Hellene.

Yes, I did find the Hymns. I've been practicing "Ah, Holy Jesus" as that is one of my favorites.

I'll take the test and post the results.

Thanks again.

More
20 Oct 2015 20:29 #20984 by dfredrickson
Here are my test results. For reference, I didn't practice, just played them each through once right, left and both together. Obviously I have some work to do....

Hey, Diddle Diddle
R6 : 30 of 33 ( 24 )
L6 : 22 of 24 ( 22 )
P6 : 50 of 57 ( 45 )

Hickory, Dickory, Dock
R6 : 32 of 33 ( 32 )
L6 : 21 of 21 ( 26 )
P6 : 49 of 54 ( 44 )

Lazy Mary
R6 : 55 of 58 ( 49 )
L6 : 66 of 66 ( 42 )
P6 : 119 of 124 ( 71 )

Little Dog Gone
R6 : 30 of 33 ( 31 )
L6 : 28 of 30 ( 22 )
P6 : 58 of 63 ( 44 )

Old McDonald
R6 : 56 of 59 ( 32 )
L6 : 37 of 39 ( 30 )
P6 : 91 of 98 ( 65 )

More
22 Oct 2015 10:39 #20985 by hellene
Replied by hellene on topic Hello everyone
You are at the stage of fine motor skills/eye-hand coordination/both hands coordination development.
Can I see your hands on piano by any chance?

Back to the Mozart

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds